The old NID cards were initially issued in paper format, and they were later upgraded to a plastic card format with biometric features such as fingerprints and facial recognition. The old NID cards were less secure and did not have these biometric features.
To replace the old NID cards with the new biometric ones, the government started a re-registration process in 2018, which required citizens to provide their biometric data, such as fingerprints and facial recognition, to obtain the new NID card.
Old Voter ID Card Download
Many people do not have smart cards for national identity cards. Those using old voter ID cards have ten digits of the voter ID card. But those who use the new smart card have 17 digits.
Often, the old National Identity Card information cannot be found online. In this case, to save the old NID card information in the online database, they have to apply online or go to the nearest election office to apply for it.
But if you have an old voter ID card and want to get its online copy, follow our steps below.
How To Download Old Voter ID Card Online?
Now let’s go to the main discussion. Those with old voter ID cards can download their ID card online.
A voter ID card is essential for Indian citizens as it serves as proof of identity and enables them to exercise their right to vote in elections.
However, the process may initially seem daunting if you have an old voter ID card and need to download a new one.
Fortunately, with the help of modern technology, you can easily download your old voter ID card online without any hassle. Let’s read this guide to download an old voter ID card online, ensuring you have all the information you need to complete the process successfully.
Whether you are an experienced computer user or a first-time user, this guide will provide all the information you need to download your old voter ID card in no time.
- For that, you need to enter this link first.
- After entering this link, you need to register an account.
- To register an account, click on the Open Account option.
- Then from here, you have to click on the citizen option.
- After clicking on the citizen option, a new page will open for account registration.
- You have to provide some information about your old NID card.
- You must correctly enter the 10-digit or 17-digit NID number, date of birth, and mobile number of your old ID card.
- Then click on the Register button.
- Clicking on the register button will reload the page, and another new page will appear.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number you provided on the next page. The verification code of that OTP has to be entered here.
- Then click on the submit button.
- After clicking this, your account will be registered, and the password will be sent to your mobile to access your account. You can access your account with this password.
- After account registration, you need to log in to your account again with your mobile number and password.
- Re-login to your account with the password that came to your mobile. After login, you will see a dashboard.
- On the left side of this dashboard, you will see many options.
- From here, you have to click on the print option of the National Identity Card information.
- After clicking on this option, you will get two boxes to enter your National Identity Card and Date of Birth.
- Enter this box correctly with your National Identity Card Number and Date of Birth.
- Then click on the print button.
Old NID Card Fee Payment
In the next step, you must pay some fee for printing the National Identity Card. It may incur a maximum fee of 21.63 TK. So click on the Pay button to pay the fee. This button will open the mobile banking option to pay the fee at the next stage.
- You can pay your fee from here using Bkash, Dutch Bangla mobile banking, or Nagad.
- To pay the fee, select one and provide your account information.
- In the next step, you must complete the payment by providing the PIN.
- Once the payment is completed, you will see the payment details, and above, you will see an option to click here to print the National Identity Card details.
- By clicking on the Click Here option, you will see your National Identity Card.
Old NID Card Number Check
If you are a citizen of Bangladesh and haven’t received your smart National ID (NID) card yet, don’t worry. The Election Commission of Bangladesh has provided an option to download and use your NID card online.
However, for those who still possess an old NID card number or have not received their NID card yet, there’s a way to retrieve your NID number through a simple SMS process.
You can download your old NID card online or retrieve your NID number through SMS if you have an old NID card number in Bangladesh.
Get your Old NID card number through SMS:
First, go to your message option from your mobile phone, type NID <Space> Form No <Space> dd-mm-yyyy, and send it to 105.
Example: NID 5645121 12-12-2001
Print Your Old Voter ID Card
Above shows how you can view and download your National Identity Card. But you can print it directly if you want. When the national identity card shows in front of you, you will see the print option below in the next showing stage.
Clicking on this print option will take you to the print option to print your National Identity Card. But you can print it elsewhere if you don’t have a printer.
So to print it elsewhere, you can download it in PDF format by clicking the download button below. After downloading, you can go elsewhere and print it later.
After printing the National Identity Card, you can do this National Identity Card in all the online tasks related to your National Identity Card.
But the original copy of the National Identity Card must be there. If you do not have the original copy, go to your nearest election office and collect the original copy of the National Identity Card.