Robi operators provide their consumers with a unique opportunity called Robi Balance Transfer. Customers can transfer the balance for this promotion at any time. Get money when you need money, and no flexiload shop is nearby.
There is no extra charge for transferring Robi’s balance from one SIM to another. But the two SIMs must be the Same operator, which is Robi. Let’s learn the detailed process of how you can transfer the balance for prepaid or postpaid.
Robi Balance Transfer
Robi operators offer their valued consumers a unique and convenient service called Robi Balance Transfer. This service allows customers to transfer their mobile balance to others anytime needed.
The process is very simple; customers must dial *123*4*1# from their Robi number, specify the amount of TK they wish to transfer, and accurately enter the recipient’s number. Once confirmed, the transfer is successful.
Robi Balance Transfer Code
To facilitate a Robi Balance Transfer, there are a few methods you can choose from. If you prefer using USSD codes, the steps are as follows: Robi customers should dial *123*4#
The step-by-step process for Robi users is mentioned-
- Step 1: Dial *123*4*1# from your Robi SIM.
- Step 2: Specify the amount you wish to transfer (maximum 100Tk).
- Step 3: Enter the recipient’s number.
- Step 4: Confirm the transfer; if successful, the balance will be transferred.
How to Send Request to Transfer Balance
If you need balance from your family or friends, Robi has a convenient system that allows you to send a balance request. Here’s how you can do it:
- Dial *140*6*2# to initiate the balance request.
- Enter the specific amount of Taka you wish to request.
- Type in the mobile number of the person requesting the balance (please ensure it’s a Robi SIM).
- Confirm the request.
Alternatively, you can send a request via SMS via your SMS messaging option. For example, if you want to request 30 TK, you can send a message to 1211 in the following format- “request 30 1211018xxxxxxxx” (replace “18xxxxxxxx” with the recipient’s number).
The donor will receive your request via SMS and can send you the requested amount.
Robi to Robi Balance Transfer Method by SMS
Transferring your balance from one Robi SIM to another is a hassle-free process that doesn’t cost you anything. Here’s how you can perform a Robi-to-Robi balance transfer:
- First, ensure you have a Robi SIM and the balance transfer service active on your account. You must do so if you’re not registered for this service.
- In the message body, write a text message with the amount you want to transfer (for example, 30 TK).
- Send the SMS to the number 1212.
- Include the recipient’s mobile number in the message (Such as 1212018xxxxxxxxx).
For example, you would type “30” in the message body and send it to 1212018xxxxxxxxx. You will receive a confirmation SMS indicating your fund transfer has been completed.
Robi to Other Operator Balance Transfer
Robi, a prominent telecommunications provider in Bangladesh, offers to transfer the balance from one Robi SIM to Another. Unfortunately, it does not offer its customers the option to transfer their balance to subscribers of other mobile operators.
While Robi provides its users with various services and features, including balance transfer among Robi numbers and the ability to share credit with friends and family who are also Robi customers, this service is limited exclusively to their network.
Robi Postpaid Balance Transfer
For Robi postpaid customers who prefer not to register for balance transfer, a simple method allows you to transfer funds by sending a simple message, which is almost the same for prepaid users. Here’s how to do it-
- Open the messaging option on your mobile device.
- In the message, type the specific amount you want to transfer.
- Send the message to 1212, and include the recipient’s mobile number.
- For example, if you’re sending 20 TK, then type “20” and send it to 1212018XXXXXXXX (where 018XXXXXXXX represents the recipient’s number).
Upon completing your first transaction using this method, you will automatically register for the service and receive a PIN code. This PIN code is essential for future balance transfers.
If you wish to turn off the PIN at any point, you can send an SMS with the word “off” to 1210. Besides, balance transfers can also be executed by dialing the IVR number 1210. All you need to do is dial *140*6*1# to initiate the balance transfer.
Robi Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions
You must abide by some terms and conditions to stay connected with Robi Balance transfer. Here are the terms and conditions for Robi Balance Transfer:
- Your SIM card must be active for at least 30 days to use this service.
- The maximum amount that can be sent in a single transaction is 100 Taka, and the daily maximum for transfers is 500 Taka.
- Both prepaid and postpaid customers can transfer balances, with a minimum transfer amount of 5 Taka and a maximum monthly limit of 1000 Taka.
- All prices include VAT, SD (Service Duty), and SC (Surcharge).
- For further details and inquiries, call Robi customer service at 123 or “HELP” at 1210.
- How can I transfer the balance from my Robi number to another one?
Ans: To transfer the balance from your Robi number to another Robi number, dial *123*4*2# and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to enter the recipient’s number and the amount you wish to transfer.
- Is there a fee or charge for using the Robi Balance Transfer service?
Ans: Robi does not charge a fee for balance transfers.
- What is the minimum and maximum amount I can transfer using Robi Balance Transfer?
Ans: The minimum amount you can transfer is usually 5 TK, and the maximum amount per transaction is 100 TK. Besides, there may be a daily and monthly limit for balance transfers.
- Can I transfer the balance from Robi to other mobile operators’ numbers such as Grameenphone or Banglalink)?
Ans: Robi Balance Transfer is limited to transactions between Robi-to-Robi numbers. You cannot transfer the balance to users of other mobile operators.
- How do I check my Robi Balance Transfer transaction history?
Ans: You can usually check your Robi Balance Transfer transaction history by dialing *222*7# and following the prompts. This will provide you with information about your recent balance transfer activities.
Robi’s Balance Transfer service offers a convenient way for subscribers to share credit with family and friends within the same network.
Easy steps and no associated fees provide smooth support when needed. If you face any problem with Robi balance transfer, you can contact Robi customer service by calling 123 or by sending the word HELP to number 1210.