Cool, online birth registration in Bangladesh is now in everyone’s hands. The birth certificates of many of us are very old or registered a long time ago. But now, the birth certificates of the citizens of Bangladesh have been registered online.
So, the birth registration certificates of all the citizens of Bangladesh must be registered online.
Hopefully, after reading this article, there will be no more misconceptions and ignorance about the rules for applying for old birth registration online and the rules for applying for handwritten birth registration online.
“Old handwritten birth certificate”
Old Birth Certificate Online Check 2023
Check old or handwritten birth registration online to see if your old birth registration information is on the Bangladesh birth certificate information website. If your old birth certificate is valid, then, of course, your information and your old birth registration certificate will be available on the Bangladesh Birth Registration Information website.
You need to follow some steps to check if your old birth registration certificate information is collected on the Bangladesh Birth Registration Information website. The steps are given below.
- First, you have to enter the bdris website. This is the website for storing the birth registration certificate information of Bangladesh.
- After entering the website, you have to enter the “জন্ম নিবন্ধন তথ্য অনুসন্ধান” page.
- When the page opens, you need to fill in a captcha with the correct birth registration number and date of birth. After giving all the information, if you click on search, the information on your birth registration certificate will be shown.
After following the above steps, you will find the information on your birth registration certificate on that website; if you don’t find the information on your birth registration certificate, then, of course, there is some error in your information like your birth registration certificate number is wrong or something. This problem mostly happens in handwritten birth certificates.
If you encounter any such problem, you can go to the place where you have previously registered your birth registration certificate, which means your local Union Parishad or Municipality Parishad, and correct your old or handwritten birth registration certificate information.
Old Birth Certificate Online Registration
If you do not find any information after checking your old birth certificate online, it means that your birth registration certificate information is not collected online or not digitalized. In this case, you need to go to dbris and reprint to register your birth registration certificate information online.
- First, enter the website of Bangladesh Birth Registration Certificate Information.
- Once the website is loaded, go to the birth registration option, select the reprint option, and enter.
- When the reprint page appears, you must correctly enter the 17-digit birth certificate number and date of birth and then click on the search button below.
- After searching with your birth certificate number and date of birth, the name of your birth certificate, date of birth, and the rest of the information will appear below.
- You will see a “register (নিবন্ধন করুন)” button next to your birth registration information. Now click on that button.
- A new page will appear. On that page, you have to provide this information of yours –
- City corporation or Upazila office,
- Applicant name,
- Applicant’s address,
- Applicant’s phone number,
- Applicant’s birth registration number and
- National identity card number etc.
Click the “Submit” button.
Your work is almost finished after clicking the submit button. After submitting all your information, your registration will be completed, and you will be given an application number.
And below the application number will be an option to print an application form. You have to print your application form and then sign or seal the application form from your local Union Parishad or City Corporation. The print will be required to collect your birth registration certificate later.
Requirements For Birth Certificate Registration in Bangladesh
For digitizing an old birth registration in Bangladesh. you need-
- To provide all the necessary documents to digitize the old birth registration.
- A photocopy of the old birth registration.
- Photocopy of your smart card or NID card if your NID card has been created.
- You will need to provide your school certificate if you do not have a NID card.
- And family members, especially parents, need to provide photocopies of their NID cards.
- Again, even if your current address is new here, the current address on the birth certificate you will apply for your old birth registration online must be specified as the current address.
- This reprint page will start with the country name and provide the permanent address, home number, and area holding number.
After giving all the information, the applicant has to go to the information room. In this case, you need to select ‘Own,’ ‘Family,’ or ‘Family Member’ and select ‘Other’ if you are from a computer store.
After giving the information to the applicant, a mobile number and email address should be given.