The electricity bill depends on the Assume Service Charge, Demand Charge, VAT, Meter Rent, and total used units. If you use less than 75 units of electricity, the cost per unit is 3.80 TK.
The cost will be increased per unit if you use more than 75 units. A 5% extra charge will be added if you do not pay an electricity bill on time on the analog electricity meter.
How to Calculate Electricity Bill In Bangladesh
We usually do not add up all the loads used separately for how many hours each runs. Then extract the unit from the sum, multiply it by the charge per unit, and calculate the electricity bill.
This is, in theory, practically; this is not how your house electricity bill comes. Because a slab on unit usage changes the unit charge, the electricity bill is lower. However, we will get some ideas today.
Some things to know before calculating the electricity bill-
- 1 kWh = 1 unit (1 kilowatt hour = 1 unit)
- 1hp = 746W
- P = VIcosφ W (Single Phase)
- P = √3VIcosφ W (Three Phase)
- 1000W = 1kW
- H = Time (in hours)
- Multiply kW by time (hours), and the product will be units. You need to know which month and how many days in a year.
Used Electricity Loads Calculation BD
Before calculating the electricity bill, you need to calculate the load on your electricity meter. Calculate the total load by knowing how much load you have already consumed. Then multiply it by the cost per unit to calculate the electricity bill. So let us first know about the electricity load calculation.
- If the load is given in watts, that is W’s value.
- If the current and voltage values are given, then P should be found using the formula.
- If given in horsepower (hp), multiply by 746 to get W, e.g.: 10hp = 10×746 =7460W.
- Divide W by 1000 to get kW.
- Multiply kW by time (hours) to find the unit.
Let us know this through an example.
Suppose a house has 3 lights of 40 W, 2 fans of 80 W, 220V, 0.4A, a television of 0.8 p.f., and a water pump motor of 2 hp, running for an average of 6 hours daily. What will be the electricity bill for January?
Now come to know the solution-
- For 3 lights of 40 watts, wattage consumed in 1 day = 40×3 =120W
- For 2 fans of 80 watts wattage consumed in 1 day = 80×2 =160W
- Watts consumed in 1 day for television P=VICosφ =220×0.4×0.8 = 70.4W
- Watts consumed in 1 day for 2 hp motor = 2×746 = 1492W
- So total consumed watt for 1 day = (120W+ 160W+ 70.4W+ 1492W) = 1842.4W. Divide watt (W) by 1000 to get kW.
- So 1 day total consumed kilowatt (kW) = 1842.4/1000 = 1.8424kW running on average for 6 hours daily = 1.8424×6 = 11.0544kWh (unit)
- Month of January = 31 days,
- So total units consumed in this month = 11.0544×31 = 342.686 kWh (units)
Electricity Bill Price Rate in Bangladesh
Before calculating the electricity bill, it is important to know another thing that the unit-based electricity bill is not only how much money is billed per unit because the electricity bill is more or less in the case of unit filing. We will know in advance what to pay
- 1-75 units = 3.80/kWh
- 76-200 units = 5.14/kWh
- 201-300 units = 5.36/kWh
- 301-400 units = 5.63/ kWh
- 401-600 units = 8.70/kW
- Above 600 units = 9.98/kWh
Method Of Electricity Bill Calculation In Bangladesh
From above, we know how to calculate the electricity load by calculating the electricity load per unit and then multiplying the kilowatts per unit we can calculate the electricity bill Using the above example we can calculate the electricity bill follow the steps given below
Total consumed units in January as above = 11.0544×31 = 342.686 kWh (units); then how much will the electricity consumption bill be this month?
According to the slab, the electricity bill will be divided = 75+125+100+42.686 =342.686 Units.
This time, the electricity bill will be divided according to slab: 75+125+100+42.686 =342.686 Units. Hence, the bill for electricity usage for that month will be = (75 x3.80)+(125 x5.14)+(100 x5.36)+(42.686 x5.63) = TK 1703.82. Besides, minimum charges, service charges, demand charges, VAT, etc., will be added to the bill.
- Assume Service Charge = TK 10
- Demand Charge = TK 30
- VAT = (1703.82+10+30) x 5.0025% = TK 87.23
- Meter Rent= TK 10.
- So the estimated electricity bill for that month will be 1703.82+10+30+87.23+10 = 1841.05 Tk.
Penalty For Not Paying Electricity Bill On Time
Those with digital electric meters do not have to pay any penalty for not paying electricity bills on time. But those who till now have analog electricity meters are given a bill paper every month, and the last date of bill payment is mentioned here.
Still, suppose the electricity bill is not paid within that period. In that case, 5% extra is to be paid as a penalty, so the Electricity bill should be paid by calculating TK 5% along with the original electricity bill.
Electricity Bill Calculator BD
Electricity bill calculator BD is a tool that helps users in Bangladesh estimate the electricity bill they will receive from the electricity provider. With the increasing use of electronic devices and appliances in households, it is essential to understand electricity consumption to manage expenses efficiently and accurately.
The electricity bill calculator BD considers various factors such as the electricity tariff rates, the number of units consumed, and other charges to give users an approximate amount of their electricity bill.
It is essential to have an accurate understanding of electricity consumption and the charges associated with it to manage expenses efficiently.
This content aims to provide insights into Bangladesh’s electricity bill calculation process, including the electricity tariff rates, the number of units consumed, and other charges. It will also cover the various factors influencing electricity consumption and ways to reduce energy consumption to lower electricity bills.